The webinar titled “Child Care in the Age of Coronavirus” was organized by the Sri Lanka Foundation Institute (SLFI) and co-hosted by The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM) and the International Society for Research on Children and Youth (ISRCY) on 14th May from 8:00 p.m. – 09:30 p.m. The webinar provided timely valuable information on Child Care and how parents should pay attention on their Children more than ever in an isolated period like covid-19. Further, this discussion educated the gathering on current issues, challenges, and future measures in a broader context.
The panel consisted of five (05) eminent speakers including,
- M. Vidanapathirana, Chairman, National Child Protection Authority
- Guwani. S.H. Liyanage, Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Vajira De silva, Senior Lecturer, Department of Secondary and Tertiary Education,Faculty of Education, The Open University
- Vimala Periyannanpillai, National Project Coordinator- Child Labour and Forced Labour , ILO and
- Wijayantha Ukwatta Senior Lecturer, Sri Lanka Foundation Institute